[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Fri Oct 12 13:02:10 UTC 2007

On 10/12/07, Gatto Nero <gattonero at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/10/12, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org>:
>
> > Why can't you?  Have they installed "gay detectors" in the airport
> > which will out any "LGBT people" who pass through it?
>
> It seems to me that you've obviously no idea of what are you talking
> about, and what means being gay.

Feel free to explain it, privately if you'd like.  I thought being gay
meant you were sexually attracted to people of the same sex.  I don't
think this can be easily detected.  It'd probably be easier to detect
potheads than homosexuals.

"LGBT people should not be viewed as a special interest group, but as
people. Just like us, homogenous, no different."

> So, as long as I'm not interested in attending Wikimania, and as long
> as my only concern was to explain how subtle homophobic were some of
> the phrases I've read on this thread, and as long as it seems people
> _want_ to ignore LGBT concerns cause they believe these concerns are
> stupid concerns of decerebrated and paranoic people, I think it's
> better to stop here.

You haven't explained it well.  If you want to give up now, just when
we were starting to get somewhere (you apparently have discovered my
problem, that I don't know what it means to be gay), go ahead.

> But I'm sorry to see what I've seen, in WMF.

Like everyone else here (or perhaps moreso), I don't speak on behalf
of the foundation.