[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Gatto Nero gattonero at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 08:20:21 UTC 2007

2007/10/12, Sue Reed <sreed1234 at yahoo.com>:

> Either way, is there any point discussing it any further?

Personally - and I underline "personally" - the problem is not the
choose of Alexandria as the venue of Wikimania.
The problem is what I read here in response of GLBT community's
complaining. Some phrases are just a bit homophobic. Things like:
* Don't be too gay and you'll be safe
* Don't be gay and you'll be safe
* Don't take a double room
* Ask a doctor to certificate you're ill
* Don't flaunt your homosexuality
* How many who you are? (implied: "You're too few to care about")
are really gross, and if WMF really thinks things like this, we have a
huge problem.
Very huge.