[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Sue Reed sreed1234 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 08:07:01 UTC 2007

I have a question that in the myriad of emails I've read so far I'm not sure I've seen an answer. Were the questions about Egypt's perceived or real lack of tolerance brought up during the public meeting and jury process?

If they were, and the jury chose Alexandria anyway, then you just have to move on and decide whether or not you're going to go based on that decision.

If they weren't, then you should make sure to bring it up for the 2009 selection process.

Either way, is there any point discussing it any further? The decision has been made. There doesn't seem to be anything coming from the jury or the WMF that they are even considering reopening the decision process.

Sue Anne
sreed1234 at yahoo.com