[Foundation-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Thu Oct 11 23:00:12 UTC 2007

On 10/11/07, Jeandré du Toit <jackdt at gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't make any
> comments on Egypt's very bad ratings because while *I* think
> boycotting unethical governments (and the people who vote for them in
> democracies) as much as possible is the ethical thing to do, I
> understand that there is an argument to be made that more contact with
> these regimes can lead to them becoming more ethical (where ethical =
> Scandinavian level freedom, and less killing and oppression).

When you say you boycott "unethical governments (and the people who
vote for them in democracies)", do you include the people who voted
against them, and the people who didn't vote at all?  Also, what
amount of unethical behavior by a government is too much?  Aren't all
government guilty of unethical behavior?