[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Claudio Mastroianni gattonero at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 21:42:02 UTC 2007

Il giorno 11/ott/07, alle ore 23:32, Thomas Dalton ha scritto:

> On 11/10/2007, Jason Safoutin <jason.safoutin at wikinewsie.org> wrote:
>> So I see...we (homosexuals etc) have to hide who we are and what
>> we are
>> proud of...so homosexuals don't get hurt or arrested.
>> Wonderful...I will
>> make sure to bring a mask or 2 to conceal anything that might
>> suggest I
>> am gay. Because thats what it feels like I ans any other
>> homosexual has
>> to do to make this trip work. Thats wrong, unfair and it
>> discrimination.
>
> There is a difference between hiding and not flaunting. Do you really
> define yourself in terms of your sexuality to such an extent that you
> need everyone to know you're gay? No-one is suggesting you pretend to
> be straight, just tactfully avoid the subject.

No, that's not the problem.
I'm reading "Don't take a double", and that's... how to say? Ridicolous?
This is not a matter of wearing a t-shirt with "I'm gay" written on,
this is a matter of people who are not permitted to sleep with their
partner cause "could be offensive" and could give problem.
Iperbole: when will be going to a place where women "socially" wear
burqa, are we going to ask all the women attending to "wear the burqa
to not seem offensive"? I don' think so.

Please: read what you write.
I'm not against Alexandria, but the more I read this thread, the more
I'm ashamed of what I read.