[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 21:09:04 UTC 2007

On 11/10/2007, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I realize that GLB people can remain celibate while in Egypt and they
> > are likely to be fine. The fact that they may be safer pretending to
> > be something they are not is a bit disconcerting, but that is not my
> > primary concern.
>
> Celibacy isn't required, they just need to avoid overt "public
> displays of affection". (And it might be wise to avoid requesting a
> double hotel room...)

But why should Wikimedians have to worry about sharing a double room
with their partner at a Wikimania conference? If I wanted to go to
Egypt, I'd book a flight there on my own. I want to attend Wikimania.
If I cannot attend Wikimania as myself (without undue worry), with
whomever I wish to bring, I do not feel welcome and do not wish to
come.

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)