[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Oct 10 19:28:09 UTC 2007

Aude wrote:
> One more issues I see people raising the issue that they can't afford to
> travel to Alexandria.  I think this is something that we can help address,
> through sponsorships and providing scholarships to help Wikimedians attend
> (who otherwise cannot afford to).
One also needs to credit WMF with being one of the rare organizations
which considers the cost of local accommodations as a significant factor
in determining the winning city.

This could be an important feature for globalizing the non-profit sector
so that it represents the people whom it is supposed to represent.

Ec