[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Aude audevivere at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 16:51:41 UTC 2007

One more issues I see people raising the issue that they can't afford to
travel to Alexandria.  I think this is something that we can help address,
through sponsorships and providing scholarships to help Wikimedians attend
(who otherwise cannot afford to).

I know that the Alexandria team has already thought about sponsorships. I
think there is very good opportunity this time for sponsorships.  There are
organizations out there who support cultural exchange between the U.S. and
other countries, and the Middle East, as well as the mission of the
Wikimedia Foundation.

Enough of my talking here, but I would be more than happy to get started on
this and do something.  I have some contacts with organizations in
Washington, who I think can provide me leads on this.   I'm sure there are
similar organizations in Europe, Canada, Japan, Australia, etc.  Let's be
proactive and get working on this.

-Aude