[Foundation-l] The Statistical Decline of the English Wikipedia

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 02:35:49 UTC 2007

On 10/10/07, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:
> > Actually, I expect that popular focus slowly switches from Wikipedia
> > to Wikinews. And after a couple of years of Wikinews development we
> > will have the real "United Projects of Wikimedia".
> >
> Sounds good.

Actually, I think that Wikinews with 10% of Wikipedia contributors
will become a huge nightmare. Of course, if we wouldn't be prepared
for that.

I may imagine large scale edit wars on Wikinews, large scale legal
problems backed by a large scale of state authorities and
multinational companies. Wikinews in the top ten websites would mean
that a person who has access to Internet doesn't read/listen/watch any
other media.