[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Mido mido.architect at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 19:01:57 UTC 2007

I'm too excited to write now indeed, so here's a quick mail :)
I just want to say thank you to all the people who supported this bid and
thanks to the jury for their choice which I believe was hard due to the 2
wonderful bids from Atlanta and Cape town.
We would like to give special thanks for Bibliotheca Alexandrina and its
head Dr. Ismail Serageldin and Dr. Noha Adly (ICT director) for the huge
support we received through the last year since WM 07 bid, and their
interest in helping out spreading free knowledge all over Egypt.
We're all happy here for this choice and we promise you a wonderful
Wikimania in Alexandria, don't miss it ;)
We'll very much appreciate all the possible help you can offer guys and
would like to thank all the people who offered to help since the
announcement was out! I'm overwhelmed indeed.
We're having a small meeting irl including the core bidding team after
tomrrow.
and we're having a grand meeting after Eid (end of Ramadan) here in Egypt
(between 22-25 Oct) more updates will follow on this, stay tuned for online
help details soon!

Thank you all again, and see you next Wikimania in Alexandria :)

Best regards,
Mohamed Ibrahim [[Mido]]
Lead coordinator for Wikimania 2008

- Arabic Wikipedia: http://ar.wikipedia.org/  "Share your knowledge"