[Foundation-l] Google Analytics test

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 16:22:31 UTC 2007

On 03/10/2007, Brian McNeil <brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org> wrote:

> I did now. Why does it leave me with the impression that Wikimedia is a set
> of great ideas and pretty good bits of software tied together with bailing
> twine? Or can we blame Unix for that?

It's a pretty good bit of software whch was originally invented to run
a much smaller site :-) Some features are now... well, mainly of
historic interest, because they didn't scale well or they got made
redundant by the development of other things.

(It's a bit like the law, really...)

Tied together with baling wire and running on a few thousand prayers
is not a bad way to describe our infrastructure, but it's only
metaphorically accurate!

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk