[Foundation-l] Google Analytics test

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 15:20:34 UTC 2007

On 03/10/2007, Brian McNeil <brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org> wrote:

> I did now. Why does it leave me with the impression that Wikimedia is a set
> of great ideas and pretty good bits of software tied together with bailing
> twine?

Because it is!

The fourth little pig is a sysadmin, so builds a house of gaffer tape
and string. The wolf laughs and laughs at this ludicrously inelegant
and ill-presented non-design, and huffs and puffs and huffs and puffs
and huffs and puffs until some string comes loose and pulls some
gaffer tape with it, which proceeds to wrap itself around the wolf,
who struggles until it encases him and he suffocates. The fourth
little pig wanders out, put some fresh gaffer over the bit that came
off and puts the wolf's body next to the rubbish bins for collection.

Moral: Heed whatever friend BOFH says, including what he doesn't say.

> Or can we blame Unix for that?

[[:en:Worse is better]]

- d.