[Foundation-l] Surveys

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 2 21:11:35 UTC 2007

on 10/2/07 9:47 AM, Brian McNeil at brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org wrote:

> Marc,
>
> We've had some issues on Wikinews recently where people have been overly
> blunt and offputting. On one side it is "I am defending the project", on the
> other it is "I am doing my best to contribute".  As a far smaller project
> than Wikipedia may I suggest you have a better chance of putting more of our
> contributors on the shrink's couch?

I can't help it - you set me up for this :-): It's not a couch; it's an
inflatable mattress - constantly being filled with hot air :-).

> If you can get help setting up a survey I'd be happy to participate and help
> promote it to other Wikinewsies. Being a smaller project I think you'd get a
> feel for how to handle the data before moving onto something as big as
> Wikipedia and trying to select a representative sample there.

You have an good point here, Brian. Testing the survey on a smaller group
would be better. Right now we need to assemble a team to create the survey.
We will also need you and others like you to help promote it. I will keep
you in the loop as to how the process is going.

Marc