[Foundation-l] Surveys

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Tue Oct 2 13:47:18 UTC 2007

Marc,

We've had some issues on Wikinews recently where people have been overly
blunt and offputting. On one side it is "I am defending the project", on the
other it is "I am doing my best to contribute".  As a far smaller project
than Wikipedia may I suggest you have a better chance of putting more of our
contributors on the shrink's couch?

If you can get help setting up a survey I'd be happy to participate and help
promote it to other Wikinewsies. Being a smaller project I think you'd get a
feel for how to handle the data before moving onto something as big as
Wikipedia and trying to select a representative sample there.

Brian.