[Foundation-l] GFDL and relicensing

Mike Godwin mnemonic at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 03:24:15 UTC 2007

Robert Hornung writes:

> BTW, who says that parts of Wikipedia haven't been registered with
> national copyright registration agencies (like the Library of
> Congress)?

Show me some of those registrations, then.  I'd be happy to admit I'm
mistaken about this, if I am.

> And I think I could come up with a market value of some of this
> content
> vs. its diminished value due to ignoring GFDL requirements.  That it
> wouldn't be easy is true, but it is not wise to assume no value to
> this
> content.

No one is assuming the content is of no value.  But I don't know of
any caselaw anywhere in which wiki edits or additions, otherwise
offered for free, have been valued in a court proceeding.  Perhaps you
can provide citations?

Best regards,

--Mike