[Foundation-l] GFDL and Relicensing

Dmcdevit dmcdevit at cox.net
Thu Nov 22 09:14:54 UTC 2007

David Gerard wrote:
> Yes. There's no plans to do this other than using the "or later" clause.
>
> And if you (you, Robert) didn't mean "or later" as well ... what did
> you think you were doing  when you clicked "submit"?

Incidentally, the "Version 1.2 or any later version" wording on the edit
window is an exclusively English Wikipedia phenomenon, but does not
appear elsewhere that I am aware. Click edit at Wiktionary and you'll
notice that you are only agreeing to release it under the GFDL. Even the
wording on enwp only dates from March
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Edittools&diff=114707455&oldid=113156147>.
Hopefully there is more to the argument than the "clicking submit"
point, considering that the "or later" clause tends to be buried in some
project-space "Copyright" page.

Dominic