[Foundation-l] [EWW] Edit Wikipedia Week

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 18:48:54 UTC 2007

Hoi,
That is to say, within the WMF consensus may be unobtainable. In the mean
time there have  been two projects that start with the premise that they can
do better. One, in my mind the most interesting, uses the best of Wikipedia
and runs with it. If anything it is great to see good efforts just start and
I wish them well.

The issue with new projects in the WMF is that there is this constant battle
between people who think that anything new is a dilution of "their" project
and people that want to start new projects without sufficient consideration
for what will make a successful project. The consequence is people not
really happy all around while the people that just run with their idea have
the satisfaction that they are trying (ambiguous usage intended).

Thanks,
     GerardM