[Foundation-l] [EWW] Edit Wikipedia Week

Alex Zaddach mrzmanwiki at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 18:13:28 UTC 2007

On Nov 20, 2007 4:51 PM, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> That said -- of course any growth of our community needs to be
> managed. And while the stable versions project may look like it's
> frozen, it's not: the demo site linked from quality.wikimedia.org has
> resulted in a lot of feedback, additional work has gone into vetting
> the extension for security and scalability issues, and only the
> necessary work on fundraiser-related tech issues is pushing the date
> for deployment and further testing a bit.

Well, that's all good in theory. You saw the discussion about this on
enwiki when it was first introduced to the general community though
right?
Its all at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Flagged_revisions/Sighted_versions
and in the archives of that page.
Barring some sort of massive change in thinking that will lead to a
consensus or an order from the Foundation saying "Use this." I don't
see this being implemented anytime in the foreseeable future.