[Foundation-l] [EWW] Edit Wikipedia Week

Marco Chiesa chiesa.marco at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 21:57:50 UTC 2007

Brian McNeil ha scritto:
> This email... (Yes I probably shouldn't be replying)...
>
> There is only one English Wikipedia project. There are multiple Wikimedia
> projects, including wiktionary, wikibooks, wikiversity, Wikinews, and
> Wikispecies.
> These are NOT projects of Wikipedia, and I am among the people who are not a
> significant contributor to Wikipedia who finds it irritating to be
> continually referred to as "a project of Wikipedia".

I've already explained I was meaning Wikiproject. On the Italian
Wikipedia the namespace is called Progetto:, which translates as
Project: And Wikiprojects are Wikipedia projects, not WMF projects. I
know the difference, and I know that often people refer on this ML to
the English Wikipedia as Wikipedia.
> Marco, I'm sorry to bite at you, I've had a bad day today. I'd just like to
> see people remember this isn't the Wikipedia mailing list and people who
> have little to do with that project are also present. As much smaller
> projects it can seem you are ignored when presented with everything in terms
> of Wikipedia.

This thread is called "Edit Wikipedia Week", so it clearly refers to
Wikipedia. If someone active on the English Wikipedia (I've read this ML
for long enough to know who Danny is) mentions a non-WMF project I don't
know about in a thread related to Wikipedia, I assume it's something to
do with Wikipedia (in English).

I think I should stop replying as well, I've made more than my point.
Cruccone