[Foundation-l] [EWW] Edit Wikipedia Week

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Tue Nov 20 21:42:03 UTC 2007

This email... (Yes I probably shouldn't be replying)...

There is only one English Wikipedia project. There are multiple Wikimedia
projects, including wiktionary, wikibooks, wikiversity, Wikinews, and
Wikispecies.

These are NOT projects of Wikipedia, and I am among the people who are not a
significant contributor to Wikipedia who finds it irritating to be
continually referred to as "a project of Wikipedia".

Marco, I'm sorry to bite at you, I've had a bad day today. I'd just like to
see people remember this isn't the Wikipedia mailing list and people who
have little to do with that project are also present. As much smaller
projects it can seem you are ignored when presented with everything in terms
of Wikipedia.

I have no opinion on Veropedia, but if it is not a WMF project it should not
be promoted on this list. Anyone persistently doing so should be moderated.

Brian McNeil