[Foundation-l] [EWW] Edit Wikipedia Week

Christophe Henner christophe.henner at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 17:30:28 UTC 2007

Hey,

I make a general answers and explaination of my point of view.

First we're lacking of time. Two personn working on this, in 3weeks
time... I'd be glad if it has any success.

Second, I took this and wanted to make it a Community project. This
means, I started it, I'll try to make it leave and be a success BUT
it's all up to you. YOU are the community. If YOU want it to be
successful, go on, help, organize. Moreover the posters have two weeks
to be fixed, so we still can do it.

You must see what as been done as the groundwork, it's up to you all
to build a magnificent project... or to let it remain groundwork.

I am now, still working on the global project, but will work on the
french ones. Personnally, I will try to get the community involved,
organise meetings in public place, I don't know yet, the starbucks
idea is interesting, but I'll try to make it a success within France
(and also elsewhere as much as I can).

I'm a bit disappointed, because for ONCE we have a full community
project, we can  make something up from scratches... but people are
moaning. My point is, when the board or anyone comes here with a fully
prepared project, you moan because you haven't been consulted. And
when we give you full power on a project, you moan because it's not
fully prepared. So what?

Anyway, you may disagree, but for now, this being a success, is up to
you, community.

--
schiste