[Foundation-l] Multi-licensing situations on page text

Nikola Smolenski smolensk at EUnet.yu
Mon Nov 19 09:07:41 UTC 2007

Oldak Quill wrote:
> Still thinking about our hypothetical GFDL and CC-by-sa dual-licensed
> document, even if the CC-by-sa license is used to "invoke" the right
> to a legitimate derivative work, this work will still have derived
> from a GFDL-licensed document and would also have to be licensed under
> the GFDL. At least, this is my impression of licensing and I may be
> wrong.

You can actually do both. You can license under GFDL *OR* CC-BY-SA, or
under GFDL *AND* CC-BY-SA (the latter provided that the licenses are
compatible, which may or may not be the case). In the first case a
derivative work may be under either of the licenses, or again under both
of them. In the second, it would have to be under both.