[Foundation-l] Putting the Foundation back in WMF

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sun Nov 18 03:54:41 UTC 2007

On Nov 17, 2007 5:04 PM, GerardM <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> As I am of the opinion that there is a causal relation, and as I am equally
> allowed to express my opinion, I can and do blame. When you are of the
> opinion that this is not nice. Well, it only proves that it is not a zero
> sum game. I hope we will get enough money to cover the budget if not their
> will necessarily be cuts.

The budget wasn't met last time either, was it?  Looking back it seems
like less than half the budget was raised during the entire fiscal
year, and the foundation only spent about half of that ($1.4 million
raised, only 0.7 million in expenses).

These supposed budgets look completely unrealistic to me.  I assumed
that was intentional.  Ask for way more than you need, and then settle
for half that.  It's a common strategy.