[Foundation-l] Wikimedia contacts

James Forrester jdforrester at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 10:49:15 UTC 2007

On 12/11/2007, White Cat <wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com> wrote:
> OTRS? Under whose directive do the have greater authority than
> wikimedia contacts? They certainly are not the right address for such
> issues.

I'm on OTRS. If people email info@, and the tickets are assigned to
me, I can action them. However, it would be slightly more useful for
people to e-mail me (as they already do), or PM me on IRC.

> I already explained this issue cannot be resolved on IRC JamesF is
> busy.

I'm not *that* busy - I'm on IRC almost every evening (GMT) in many of
the main channels. :-)

> Seanw may help but this issue probably exceeded his deputy role
> as a deputy contact.

Sean enjoys my complete confidence and has absolute discretion in
exercising all "my" authority, which is delegated to him in its
entirety.

However, this is not the venue for discussion of incidents on IRC,
though I imagine that people may wish to discuss the concept of IRC as
a semi-separate part of the community structure.

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester
jdforrester at wikimedia.org | jdforrester at gmail.com