[Foundation-l] Steward elections

Casey Brown cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 02:03:46 UTC 2007

On Nov 12, 2007 8:39 PM, Robert Rohde <rarohde at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 12, 2007 3:15 PM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Jimbo however is not a developer so whichever way you look at it the
> > argument doesn't hold.
> >
> But Jimbo is a "Founder":

wow... he wasn't the other day, there was actually a bug report
because someone thought his steward status on en.wiki was a bug in the
software.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Listusers&username=&group=founder&limit=50
>
> Seriously, who decided it was necessary to create a special user group just
> on enwiki and just for Jimbo?  Feels rather like pretentious overkill.  I
> can't imagine anyone who could find Special:Listusers on en would not
> already know who Jimbo was.

I don't know... I assume it's so that he can get all these rights just
with that little flag (like userrights control).  It may be overkill
like you say, though.

> -Robert Rohde

Casey Brown
Cbrown1023