[Foundation-l] Fundraiser - Sitenotice

Elisabeth Anderl n9502784 at students.meduniwien.ac.at
Mon Nov 12 23:07:01 UTC 2007

Casey Brown a écrit :
> On Nov 12, 2007 4:10 AM, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hallo,
>>
>> On Nov 11, 2007 11:35 PM, Elisabeth Anderl
>> <n9502784 at students.meduniwien.ac.at> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Madams and Sirs,
>>> I would like to suggest that the Centralnotice gets a link to
>>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Text_for_sitenotice from
>>> the untranslated form, since it can't be translated locally and not
>>> everyone knows of the possibility to translate it on Meta.
>>>
>> Good point. We saw the main messsage translated, but some parts -
>> -counter and -donate in most cases - undone. If "donate now" and "...
>> have donated" are localized too, it would be a great help.
>>

>>> Furthermore I would like to express my regret, that lots of
>>> "MediaWiki:Centralnotice-meter/xx" are not created even though
>>> translated. (this notice is shown, if the sitenotice is minimized)
>>>
>> Eh, I have been saddened many centralnotice-meter/xx translations left
>> and not to reflect the bar at last, but thought it was only for the
>> previous version and now no room for the newer banner ... but you are
>> right, the bar will be available if you "hide" the big banner. Thank
>> you for bringing it up.  It seems a image-handling-savvy hands to
>> finalize the tasks (create an image using the -meter by langauge) and
>> hand it to devs.  Can anyone please help it out?

Thanks for the answer,
I learned from Brion, that many centralnotice-meter are not created
because there is a problem with non latin-1 characters.
Although there are still some latin-1 languages with ready translations
waiting, the graphic seems not to be an option because it should work
for all languages.
The only things that came into my mind were:
*having the graphic without text
*having the graphic with the text on the left or right of it
*having the sitenotice without possibility to minorize it.
Maybe there are better ideas?
Thanks in advance, Elisabeth Anderl (aka spacebirdy)