[Foundation-l] Wikimedia contacts

White Cat wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 14:50:50 UTC 2007

Is there any evidence of this leakage is my fault? This is a very
serious accusation! What was the ban based on? Anything? Are we
banning people off of channels over mere paranoia with no basis on
evidence? I could have been contacted by any other op from es-wiki and
infact I was in mid-discussion with one when drini decided to ban me.

I do not even log the channel in question for personal use, let alone
public use. I value my hard drive space and I do not log channels
where the discussion is in a foreign language I do not understand with
the notable exception being #wikipedia-tr which I can understand.

This is a foundation-related issue as it is difficult to find a person
to turn into when things don't flow right. Freenode will not assist
people in trobble as that is the job of wikimedia contacts. Normally
the issue can be resolved in #wikimedia-ops but on situations when
this is not possible there is a virtual void. Freenode staffers would
send me to the foundation and the foundation seems to be not claiming
any responsibility as these are "unofficial" channels. This void
between wikimedia contacts and foundation needs to be filled. The
purpose of this thread is fundamentally that. This problem (the gap)
is hardly exclusive to me.

   - White Cat