[Foundation-l] Fundraising totals as of Oct 7, 2007 @ 5:00 PM (EST)

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 15:19:26 UTC 2007

On 10/11/2007, THURNER rupert <rupert.thurner at wikimedia.ch> wrote:
> i think it is much too early to draw conclusions. but i agree that a clear
> reachable goal would be somehow nice on the display ... like the amount of
> money needed. red for running the servers, red-orange for the bandwith,
> yellow for international expansion, etc. the number of donors is not giving
> enough hint imo.

I agree. The number of donors is a meaningless number. We don't need
100,000 people to donate, we need $4.5 million. The average donation
has always been around $25, I think, so 100,000 people isn't even
enough. Where did that number come from?

We need to make it clear how much money we need and how much we have.
Only when people know what the gap is will they see the need to
donate.