[Foundation-l] Do we need a Code of Participation?

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Tue Nov 6 12:03:44 UTC 2007

As an adjunct to this Wikinews is trying to hammer out some code of conduct
for our experimental comments pages, link below.

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Comment_Space

Mike Godwin has cast an eye over this and says it is a good start, as a
related issue - and perhaps as the only project where we're inviting people
to be opinionated - this is perhaps deserving of some consideration too.

As a small project Wikinews has to work hard to encourage our readers to
become contributors. I personally think our experiment has - to date - been
a success. There have been very few cases of severe abuse of the Comments
namespace, but I believe the above comment space policy page needs fleshed
out a little and made an official policy sanctioned by the board.

Eloquence? Comments?

Brian McNeil.