[Foundation-l] OLPC Khairat Chronicle

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 09:56:05 UTC 2007

Wow, reading those stories is really incredible! Great reports with
heaps of photos too.

On 02/11/2007, Samuel Klein <sj at laptop.org> wrote:
> The main barrier to posting such videos to commons is that one needs to
> learn how to make an upload useful in, and how to include it in, one of
> the sister projects; I wonder whether a 'publish to Wikimedia Commons'
> button in the recording activity would be useful or a nuisance.  OLPC
> laptops natively only produce theora video, so the other major barrier
> to adding video to commons doesn't come up.

Out of interest Inkscape recently added/will soon add a "publish to
Open Clipart" function right in the software.

As for Commons, I think there is a big gap in many ways... but it
could be madly cool to see the photos and videos and music potentially
published somewhere. An OLPC server?

cheers
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/