[Foundation-l] Live mirrors

Slowking Man slowkingman at gmail.com
Wed May 30 19:31:44 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 20:55 +0200, Klaus Graf wrote:
> I cannot see that blocking life mirrors is allowed by the GNU FDL:
> "You may not use technical measures to obstruct or control the reading
> or further copying of the copies you make or distribute."
>
> Klaus Graf

To dispel this misconception again: the GFDL does not require that
recipients redistribute copies of the work to anyone who asks, only that
any copies which are distributed are not encumbered by DRM. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Free_Documentation_License#Overly_broad_DRM_clause. Additionally, the only restriction placed on the method of redistribution is that the work be provided in a non-proprietary format; it certainly doesn't require that the Foundation allow anyone to use its bandwidth without permission.
--
Slowking Man (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Slowking_Man)