[Foundation-l] Firefox and its 52m budget

Gary Kirk gary.kirk at gmail.com
Tue May 22 18:50:58 UTC 2007

> On 5/22/07, Gary Kirk <gary.kirk at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Seriously? I've never heard anyone claim Firefox was inferior to
> > Internet Explorer (got ahead of myself - what browser do you use,
> > geni?).
>
> Multiple since it makes it easy to run multiple accounts. I'm liking
> the current generation of sea monkey (although it does tend to try and
> claim wikipedia isn't a word). And of course I'm hearing good things
> about opera although my version is hopelessly outdated now.

Pocket PC only gives me the option of IE (installed, non-updateable IE
4...) or Opera, which is lovely.

> > Not getting into the great browser wars, but FF is a very
> > commonly-used browser among editors if not the majority of users (at
> > school, offices and so on) so a partnership with the Mozilla
> > Foundation might be good.
>

> In the short term. What you do when a second rate browser offers you
> twice the cash?

That's a very good point, and reminds me of the Virgin Unite problem,
in that probably we could never have kept everybody happy with that.
Of course, if the second-rate browser has cash to throw at us, it
should be using it to develop itself ;-)
> --
> geni

Gary Kirk