[Foundation-l] [Fwd: [Fwd: Re: business developer hire - whose decision?]]

Florence Devouard anthere at anthere.org
Sat May 19 13:52:40 UTC 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Fwd: Re: business developer hire - whose decision?]
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 15:30:59 +0200
From: Florence Devouard <anthere at anthere.org>
To: foundation-l at wikimedia.org

I am sorry Anthony, but I actually answered to your question, but the
email did not make it to the list. This is something that regularly
happens with my emails to the lists, I have no idea why. I asked the
tech team, but they have no idea. I find the emails on my sent box, but
they do not make their way to the list. I wish I knew...

Anyway, here was the original answer to your question. To be more
precise on that matter, I sent an email to Carolyn on the 30th of april,
asking if we could register to http://www.afpnet.org/about_afp.
She answered to this email mentionning that she was thinking of hiring
Vishal as a contractant, to help on business, fundraising and
sponsorship. Vishal intern time was nearly over, she was happy with the
work he provided, and we need to replace Danny in some respects. He was
living about a week later. She joined his resume. We had a couple of
exchange on the matter (salary etc...).

I put the issue on the agenda of the following board meeting (2nd of
may). Presents were: Eloquence, Anthere, Kat Walsh, Jan-Bart , oscar and
mdavis.
There was no opposition voiced. The board asked that a job description
be provided. Michael recommanded that he be a part time employee rather
than a contractant.

Why did I announce him ? First because I think it is polite. Second
because due to the type of job he will do, it is important the community
knows he is part of the staff.

For the other answer, please see below.

ant