[Foundation-l] business developer hire - whose decision?

Kyungjoon Lee kjoonlee at gmail.com
Sat May 19 11:41:10 UTC 2007

On 5/19/07, GerardM <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> For one reason, we want the board to do perform their duties in stead of
> playing to the galleries.
> Thanks,
>      GerardM

Hi, I'm new here, so bear with me if this is a faux pas, please..

Who says the board (or the foundation) can't perform their duties if
they speak to the community? They don't necessarily need approval on
everything they do, but disclosure before-hand would have been nice,
no?

That is a reasonable demand IMHO, same as the way all the MediaWiki
projects are run at the user level: we know who did what, and we can
ask why.

Would people say "mind your own business" if you asked someone to
provide citations at Wikipedia? I was very surprised by your reaction.

Cheers,
Kyungjoon Lee