[Foundation-l] Clarification to existing resolutions

Casey Brown cbrown1023 at comcast.net
Thu May 17 00:24:26 UTC 2007

I think Pathoschild has a great idea.

Casey Brown
Cbrown1023

-----Original Message-----
From: foundation-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:foundation-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Jesse Martin
(Pathoschild)
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 7:09 PM
To: Wikimedia Foundation Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] Clarification to existing resolutions

Hello,

I would suggest a single resolution page, updated as appropriate with
an "update history" section. I made a mockup of the Licensing policy
resolution with the proposed clarification at
<http://wikimediafoundation.org/w/index.php?title=User:Pathoschild/Sandbox&o
ldid=21187>.

On the linked page, note the "Last updated..." line at the top and the
"Update history" at the bottom. This method makes organization much
easier (making use of the history log), ensures that incoming links
always point to the correct page (we can use permalinks to link to a
specific revision), and makes it easy to update resolutions whenever
necessary.

Yours cordially,
Jesse Martin (Pathoschild)