[Foundation-l] Cross-Wiki accounts

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Mon May 14 07:19:23 UTC 2007

2007/5/14, Robert Leverington <lcarsdata at googlemail.com>:
> This should definitely be the case, I, like many others, am forced to
> create accounts on several wikis routinely due to my job as a
> Wikimedia Commons admin. I don't have the time to go back to my
> Wikimedia Commons or Wikipedia userpage every time I create an
> account. If someone believes that one of my accounts is an impostor
> they should contact my before blocking it.

I have to chime in here as well. I currently have 2 accounts (Andre
Engels and Robbot) on over 200 languages. It would be easy enough to
link all of them at one place, but that would be done by simply
looking on which Wikipedias the user pages exist, but that would kind
of defeat the purpose of this policy I think. It may look good on
first thought, but in effect it is just an extra layer of bureaucracy
without any added value.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels