[Foundation-l] Cross-Wiki accounts

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun May 13 20:26:49 UTC 2007

On 13/05/07, Casey Brown <cbrown1023 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Thomas: that occurred due to the [[Special:Import]] function that is enabled
> on some wikis.  See http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Import for more
> information.  Try to sing up for that account or login to it, you may be
> able to do one of them.

Success! I couldn't log in with any of my standard passwords, nor
could I sign up, so I clicked "e-mail new password" and then
eventually remembered where to check the email for my old ISP (which
changed name 3 times, adding to the memory difficulties) and found the
new password! Very complicated!

I'm still concerned about GDFL issues with this. My edits have been
moved from one account of mine to another without any apparent way of
knowing both the accounts were mine (I didn't even know they were!).
Does that not violate the attribution requirements of the GDFL?