[Foundation-l] Fwd: [cc-licenses] The FSF On FDL Derivatives

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed May 9 19:10:16 UTC 2007

On 09/05/07, Brock Weller <brock.weller at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is just an interpretation guys, no need to panic and remove license
> options. I love the CC liscenses, my images are all under them, and
> furthermore, I consider Lessig to be much, much smarter then anyone working
> at the FSF, especially Stallman and his holy crusade to rid the world of
> anything thats not a GNU license (except the LGPL, which also seems to have
> his ire).

It's vitally important to remember, though:

Creative Commons' interests are *not* our interests.
The FSF's interests are *not* our interests.

The FSF's may be a little closer, in that more of their licenses are
free-content licenses and they make it easy to distinguish between
them - unlike CC-by-sa 3.0, where some versions are free content and
some aren't.

But neither has our interests at heart. They have their interests at heart.

- d.