[Foundation-l] Fwd: [cc-licenses] The FSF On FDL Derivatives

Brock Weller brock.weller at gmail.com
Wed May 9 18:59:28 UTC 2007

This is just an interpretation guys, no need to panic and remove license
options. I love the CC liscenses, my images are all under them, and
furthermore, I consider Lessig to be much, much smarter then anyone working
at the FSF, especially Stallman and his holy crusade to rid the world of
anything thats not a GNU license (except the LGPL, which also seems to have
his ire).

On 5/9/07, Yonatan Horan <yonatanh at gmail.com> wrote:

> This point should probably be raised at other projects. You know, projects
> that aren't en or commons do exist and unfortunately some of them might
> need
> a friendly reminder from someone that we need to encourage all people to
> dual license their works (if not release them under the GFDL). :)
>
> On 5/9/07, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 5/9/07, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > NO NO WE MUST PANIC. It is necessary for someone to run a bot through
> > > all of en:wp unlinking all images that are not
> > > GFDL-compatible!!1!1!09f9!!!! Otherwise the Foundation will be SUED
> > > INTO OBLIVION.
> >
> > I think that would get us lynched. However modifying the en lisence
> > options to make it clear that GFDL and GFDL + CC are the prefered
> > options for image uploads would be reasonable. As would removeing
> > CC-self for commons.
> >
> > --
> > geni

-Brock