[Foundation-l] 09-f9-...

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue May 8 12:06:38 UTC 2007

On 08/05/07, Rich Holton <richholton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Darko Bulatovic wrote:

> > In the eyes full of fear no one can be trusted. And that is not
> > civilized. Now is quite clear that those numbers are not illegal by the
> > DMCA, but th this situation show how one group of people can take
> > freedom  from others just by suspecting that they will use it as illegal.

> Ah. I didn't realize that you were an expert in US law. Please do make
> sure that everyone else understands that your expertise is the only
> expertise that matters in this case.
> </sarcasm>

When Ed Felten countersued the RIAA, asking a court to declare his
work was *not* illegal, the RIAA backpedaled so fast as to break the
land speed record for reverse circumnavigation by bicycle - they
*really* didn't want that question asked. Quoting the number is
extremely far from clearly illegal, and you don't have to be a US
legal expert to know that. Your sarcastic ad hominem is not only
ridiculous, but simply incorrect.

- d.