[Foundation-l] PD in Israel

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 23:31:10 UTC 2007

The issue has been raised to the board. The board comment is Commons
must follow the widest possible copyright policy, meaning the most
conservative, meaning simultaneously following the laws of all countries
at once.

As for the other projects, please see
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Licensing_policy for more
information.

Luiz also suggested other options, such as separate hosting (some
databases not in the USA). We would prefer to wait until we have again a
General Counsel on board to further explore such option.

Sorry for those who will be disappointed and hoped to keep many
documents which are PD in some countries, but not PD in the USA. I do
not like this rule more than you, but, on Wikimedia Commons, we should
provide a safe harbour, a warranty of freedom, which would be damaged by
any adoption of PD-CountryXX tag system.

anthere