[Foundation-l] 09-f9-...

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Mon May 7 20:47:34 UTC 2007

On 5/7/07, Darko Bulatovic <mail at itam.ws> wrote:
> how do I use this number ?
>
> Sorry but I don't really get it. How this number crack protection
> system. Because i am looking at this number and my DVD is not still
> cracked?

I know you're playing dumb to make a point -

but the US law in question bars components of a contravening device,
and the code given is definitely an important part of a HD-DVD
decryption device, because without one of these you cannot decrypt the
content.  There are other components needed, but they are also
available - the encryption scheme itself I believe is publicly known
(deliberately so, so that it could be peer-reviewed).

This number has no known real purpose except for being a HD-DVD key.
(Yes, I know that people are rushing around trying to find other
purposes for it as an excuse for keeping it available, but that
doesn't change things)

-Matt