[Foundation-l] On closing projects

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun May 6 13:52:34 UTC 2007

Hoi,
When you read the proposal that was formulated by me carefully, you will
notice that the Language committee is not interested in becoming really
involved in closing down projects. When it is about non functional
languages, typically only Wikipedia projects, having them returned to the
Incubator will prevent the loss of work done previously.

Technically the Language committee can only learn if a language is indeed
the language that it is said to be when there is a sufficient corpus. The
requirement of having a functioning incubator community is relevant only in
the prevention of failed projects. As it is written in the position paper,
it is the worst that can happen to a project.

By having what we called a "global arbitration committee" it can be created
in any which way. When the stewards appreciate that this is explicitly what
is expected of them, it would be a great thing.

Thanks,
    GerardM