[Foundation-l] Election Notice

Alison Wheeler wikimedia at alisonwheeler.com
Sun May 6 09:59:00 UTC 2007

On Sat, May 5, 2007 19:05, Jan-Bart de Vreede wrote:
> As most of you know we will be holding elections for the Wikimedia
> Foundation Board of Trustees in the near future. Your elected
> representatives Erik Möller (Eloquence), Kat Walsh (Mindspillage) and
> Oscar van Dillen (Oscar) all have terms that expire on July 1st 2007.

I look back at [[Elections for the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia
Foundation, 2005/En]] on meta and note that there were two Board members
to be elected at that time, and that "We are voting for two positions.
They will be elected for two years and there will be no distinction
between them." At that "The election for 2005 now closed. Angela and
Anthere were re-elected for the Wikimedia Board of Trustees".

However [[Board of Trustees]] on the Foundation site states "Florence
Nibart-Devouard, Chair (term until June 2008)".

It would probably be sensible for all concerned (voters and prospective
candidates) if clarification was made as to the manner, reason and timing
of the - presumed - extension to Anthere's term was made unless this is a
typo in the election notice given that her term was due to also terminate
this year and I don't recall seeing a specific announcement of this
change.

Regards

Alison Wheeler