[Foundation-l] Election Notice

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Sat May 5 20:38:53 UTC 2007

geni wrote:
> Jon Harald Søby wrote:
>> As I understand it, this committee will not be in charge of handling
>> the elections themselves, but rather be about _how_ the elections
>> should be conducted.
>
> So why the real names requirement?

Case A:
They will only discuss what is needed for the elections. Unless we
intend to use [[security by obscurity]], specially because we want to
avoid last time problems, it should (must) be completely public.
I'd propose a meta: page to brainstorm, or maybe a thread on the list.
No need to put restrictions (real names, can't vote...) as it's widely
known.

Case B:
They are those who will verify the elections are "clean". The
requirements (real name, +18... ) are appropiate.

Case C:
These election committee will be the chief of the Election Officials and
set their rules.
At least on the beginning discussion should be public.
I don't know if there will be on during the elections some case nobody
else can know. Public discussion is ok for most of cases, even if they
have the last word. Doesn't seem so important being +18 or not voting.