[Foundation-l] Why not use Nupedia.com instead? (was Re: A modest proposal: ads on wikipedia.com)

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Sat May 5 16:54:01 UTC 2007

On 5/5/07, Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Not if Wikipedia.org articles direct people there as the official repository of
> stable/vetted versions.

I am opposed to the notion that higher accuracy / reliability is an
added value that people have to pay for with advertising. These should
be intrinsic properties of Wikipedia itself.

If anything, we need fewer brands, not more.

--
Peace & Love,
Erik

"An old, rigid civilization is reluctantly dying. Something new, open,
free and exciting is waking up." -- Ming the Mechanic