[Foundation-l] Interwiki map criteria and nofollow

Tim Starling tstarling at wikimedia.org
Wed May 2 13:33:43 UTC 2007

David Gerard wrote:
> On 02/05/07, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
>
>> To quote Anthere: "Either all links (external and interwiki) should be
>> nofollow.  Or none of them should be.  Or we can work on white lists
>> together for both types of links."
>

> As she noted in a followup, that was her speaking as user:Anthere
> rather than ex cathedra as Chair of the Board of the Wikimedia
> Foundation. Jimbomancy is bad enough ...

I've always been happy to fulfill requests from individual members of the
Wikimedia management team. Jimmy has encouraged this. I've done jobs for
various members of the board, plus Brad. Of course most of those things
were uncontroversial. I'm not blind to the issues here, see my comments on
[[m:Talk:Interwiki map]].

-- Tim Starling