[Foundation-l] WMF resolution on access to non-public data passed

Mohamed Magdy mohamed.m.k at gmail.com
Wed May 2 10:50:58 UTC 2007

<snip>
> Jimbo did not vote (it is not a blank vote where he refused to take a
> position, it is that he did not come to vote).
>
> You may ask him, but I can pretty much (say 99%) affirm that you should
> not read anything special in the abstention (except "I was busy with
> other things and did not vote in time. But I am fully in agreement with
> the resolution").

ِAh, thanks :)
> Now, thanks for asking the question, because I just realised "abstain"
> with "did not vote" were mixed under a unique description "abstain".
> Which is not correct as in one case a vote is given, in the other, no
> vote is given. The meaning is not the same. I will go through all the
> resolutions to check and correct this.

So.. Abstain --> s/he didn't like the thing but didn't want to say
against .. just stated that it isn't nice . or the opposite: s/he liked
the thing but didn't want to say yes..just stated that it is nice (may
be s/he didn't want to be blamed if something went wrong or aren't sure
s/he wants to say yes but yet wanted to say what s/he is in favor of :))

Blank vote -->  where s/he refused to take a position

I'm confused here, if s/he cannot take a position how you then you go to
'did not vote' so that you aren't calculated .. imho..you won't get
counted if you don't have an opinion either yes or no...

Did not vote --> s/he don't know anything about the matter in question. not YES not NO..just isn't calculated.

&alnokta