[Foundation-l] Language Prevention Committee created

Arbeo M arbeo.wiki at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 31 15:36:20 UTC 2007

2007/3/30, The Cunctator cunctator at gmail.com:

> The reasonable assumption is that something in the process is broken.

That's exactly the point. On one side we have a number of well-advanced
requests for new languages with good potential. There's a number of editors
who are serious about starting their wiki. And on the other side we have a
committee in charge enabling this type of progress. Yet, nothing ever
happens, instead today we're "celebrating" half a year without a single new
Wikipedia.

That's just the cold hard facts and they speak for themselves.

I don't want this discussion to revolve in circles or drift off into
polemics but we'd be a whole lot further if the committee would acknowledge
this reality instead of insisting that everything is fine a long as the holy
rules are left untouched. Please!

--Arbeo