[Foundation-l] Belarusan Wikipedia

Tomasz Ganicz polimerek at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 14:09:01 UTC 2007

2007/3/29, GerardM <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>:
> Hoi,
> First of all this is an unusual situation. The language committee has been
> given the task to decide things that have to do with languages. We have
> published what our basic guide lines are. A language has to have some status
> and based on this we make a decision.

It is really difficuilt to evaluate if the decission was right or
wrong, as we don't know the arguments pro or against this decission.
Anyway I think there is big mistake no to inform general public about
such the deccission.

My questions are:
*Did anybody checked how large is population using old and new
Bielarussian spelling?
*What is a history of the change of spelling? When and how it was implemented?
*What are the common differences between them?
*Which one is more valid from scientific point of view?
*Who and how did  make an expertise on which spelling is more valid?
*Was the Bielarus Goverment officials contacted?
*Did they push to make this decission?

--
Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.poli.toya.net.pl